Friday, March 12, 2010

I am not one of them

I was against domestic violence. Which self respecting woman wouldn't be ? I am not one of those who'll keep quiet. But after you see something in your house, your head starts to reason. It was a one-time thing. This was an exception. Fractured hands and bruised eyes become a daily affair but you think it is a phase. You fall from stairs often and bump into walls. You have more stitches than you remember and yet you laugh it off.

Deep inside you know there is something wrong. It is his work pressure making him do this. It is that boss of his that makes him angry. He is just taking out on me. It isn't as bad as those other women who get beaten up everyday for years together.

Until the day, you realise you are one of those who decided to keep quiet for years together.
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

Posted via email from psychedchick's posterous

3 comments:

Lazy Pineapple said...

Yes, the denial is what makes it worse. Most women actually feel that it is their fault that they face domestic violence.

Loved your post.

Sid said...

I was against domestic violence. Which self respecting woman wouldn’t be ?

I have serious objection on this line... which honorable and nice person would be with domestic violence.

It is his work pressure making him do this. It is that boss of his that makes him angry
No, I seriously doubt it. Just cos he cannot stand up against his boss, doesn't mean he repeat the same with someone who is defense less? Not happening....

If you got issues sort them out, take advise, no the f**kers like these people feel it will lower their standards if they go for counselling. Yes, I have seen some violence very closely...and I did not like them at all....Nothing doing.

krist0ph3r said...

it's not just domestic violence. it's everything. think about it.