Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Farewell

As I bid goodbye to you,
I wonder if its a farewell.
I take a step closer,
Kiss you on your cheek
And turn around
To hide my tears-
A futile attempt.

I want you to not leave,
A desire I keep hidden
In the depths of my heart.
I want to run away.
It hurts to see you go
Will you miss me?
I wonder.

I walk with you to check-in
Like on auto-pilot
Emotions overpowering
Mind whirling,
Thoughts running wild
Voice caught in my throat
Hands numb.

Finally, it is time
For the one final hug,
Tears dried, muscles frozen.
You take my face in your hands
"This ain't farewell, just a
See you later". I smile and
Whisper back, "See you later, alligator"

7 comments:

Leo said...

a very nice poem.. it had the anxiety of a farewell, the emotions and the love.. and even a bit of humour in the ending.. with the "see ya later alligator" :D

wonderful work PC :)

Nabila said...

awww this poem can be interpreted many ways and i love that way of ur writes :)
Amazing feel and amazing emotions u truly know magic which my heart understands :)
Mwaaahz for this

Prats said...

Ah! you jst wrote my heart here .. just that i am not yet aware if i will be seeing a farewell or not !! :)

psychedchick said...

Thanks a lot :D

psychedchick said...

I hope you dont and if you do, may it be a see you soon!

psychedchick said...

Aww.. thanks a lot! We think alike!

Kushal said...

:)

Beautiful. I'd written something like this. Now who says only "heavy" words can have an impact xD

Brav0.