Monday, June 18, 2012

Barcamp and peanut butter slutty brownies

Weekend was stressful. BarcampMumbai09 was yesterday and it was amazing. There were brilliant sessions and I gave a talk to a packed audi. It was recorded and hopefully, I shall get a video for you soon enough. Yes, I mean you, my sole reader.  The most ego-boosting experience was reading the tweets post the session. A person asked me to do a podcast on issues like rape (which is what I spoke on) and I might actually consider it. 


Another brilliant part of yesterday was that most people who had my brownies, actually liked them. (Psst: Even though they didn't come out well). I promise people I would put the recipe up on my blog. I used the recipe from PlanetByn and yes, they are called Slutty Brownies but these ones use peanut butter and hence, they are not as sweet as the original all chocolate slutty brownies. 



Peanut Butter Cookie Layer
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
Brownie Layer
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
+ around 16 Oreo cookies
Directions
  1. Line a pan with tin foil and butter it so that the brownie comes out clean post baking , and preheat the oven to 350F or 180C.
  2. For peanut butter cookie dough layer, cream the peanut butter and sugars together in a medium sized bowl. Add the egg and vanilla and mix again. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir to combine. (Don't over mix, just combine) Mix in the chocolate chips.Be sure to mix this properly or the cookie will be crumbly and not an effective base for the brownie. Press the dough into an even layer in the pan.
  3. Add a layer of cookies on top of the peanut butter cookie dough, and press in slightly.
  4. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, then add the sugar and cocoa powder and whisk everything together to combine. Remove from heat and add salt, vanilla and eggs, and whisk in to combine. Add the flour and mix just until blended. Pour over the top of the Oreos.
  5. Bake for 35-45 minutes (mine took 40 minutes) until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
If you do try this, let me know how this goes.

I am going to start using this to bribe people.

Sorry there are no pictures. Maybe next time, I should bake with a friend.
















No comments: